Charlotte Family Attorney
Not knowing what to expect in any situation causes anxiety levels to skyrocket, but this uneasy feeling is magnified with the prospect of having to appear in court. Our experienced Charlotte family attorneys understand this to be the case so we have included a brief overview of the steps along the way, in the Separation and Divorce process, which will hopefully provide you with a general understanding of where you stand now and where you will end up along the way.
- Charlotte Arbitration
- Charlotte Contempt
- Charlotte Domestic Violence
- Charlotte Mediation
- Charlotte Prenuptial Agreement
- Charlotte Same Sex Marriage
- Charlotte Separation
- Charlotte Settlement Negotiation
In any Family Law case, there are several stages along the way for which you should retain legal representation. At Randall & Stump, PLLC our family law attorneys are prepared to dedicate their time, energy, and efforts to providing you with the representation you deserve through every stage of your divorce. Contact us online or by telephone at 980-237-4579 to arrange an initial consultation with a skilled Charlotte family law attorney.
Comprehensive Charlotte Family Law Attorneys
At Randall & Stump, PLLC, we represent Family Law clients in areas including prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, separation agreements, post separation support, divorce, child custody, child support, equitable distribution, alimony, contempt proceedings, and domestic violence matters. No matter what issue you are facing, we are here to fight for you!
At Randall & Stump, PLLC, we handle cases in the following areas of Family law in Mecklenburg County and the surrounding areas of North Carolina:
- Divorce – Whether you are facing a contested divorce or uncontested divorce, our goal is to fight for you and protect your interests.
- Child Custody – We understand that your child is priority number one. Our family attorneys will fight to make sure the best interests of your child are protected.
- Child Support – Supporting a child or children these days is a very costly endeavor. Our family law attorneys will work tirelessly to preserve your financial interests and the interests of your children, ensuring their needs are met during their childhood.
- Equitable Distribution – Marital property should be divided fairly between divorcing spouses, with each spouse retaining his or her separate property. We work to see that all assets and debts are properly identified and accurately valued for a fair property division that meets your needs.
- Post Separation Support/Alimony – Post Separation Support and/or alimony is money paid to a dependent spouse to maintain a standard of living he/she grew accustomed to during the marriage. Whether you are the supporting spouse or the dependant spouse, our goal is to ensure you are not overpaying or being shortchanged in the negotiations.
- Prenuptial/Postnuptial Agreements – A martial agreement is a contract between spouses getting married (prenuptial) or who are already married (postnuptial) and is used to address an exhaustive number of issues between the spouses so there is not a battle in the unfortunate event of a divorce.
- Separation Agreements – A negotiated contract between spouses, without court involvement, used to resolve any and all aspects relating to a pending divorce proceeding.
- Contempt Proceedings – Contempt proceedings are held when a party has willfully violated a valid court order. A “show cause” hearing is held to determine if and why the party violated the court order. If a violation has occurred, the court may take further action, including imprisonment.
- Domestic Violence – When one is seeking protection from a violent partner or has been accused of committing an act of domestic violence, a hearing is held to determine if a twelve-month protective order will be put in place by the court.
- Same Sex Marriage – Special considerations are taken regarding same-sex marriage to ensure parties and their property are protected and that they are afforded the same protections other married couples enjoy.
Contact Our Charlotte Family Attorneys
If you are looking for aggressive representation for your divorce, we are here to help. Contact the Charlotte family attorneys at Randall & Stump, PLLC immediately or your ex-spouse will! Call us today at 980-237-4579.